Deciding Dance

Dance has been a part of my life since I was five years old. So naturally dance is the subject for my blog, but there are many more aspects to dance than just the professional point of view. I aim to express my point of view as a dancer in tap, jazz, modern, and ballet, but also my observations in other aspects that apply to dance such as diet, history, culture, performance, and more. With my audience I hope to include dancers, those interested in dance, and those who have never had experiences with dance. I would like to create a dance blog that explores how dance affects lives in this community and the global community, but also explores dance aspects in places other than the studio.

“Dancing Branflakes: Writing.” Dancing Branflakes: Writing. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2013. .

Dancing Branflakes is a blog written by a BYU dance major alum who is now a university professor in California.She is an avid writer, hoping to publish a novel, and her love of food is prevalent in the many recipes, health tips, and body image advice she offers. Love is a large influence in her life so she shares about her loving relationships with her family, friends, and husband. The blog explores how dance has infiltrated every aspect of her life. Her writing perspective is very positive and uplifting. After every post she encourages audience involvement with an open-ended question to be commented on. The blog’s layout is straight forward, with organized tabs at the top and an archive of post on the side.The website also includes many pictures to break up the text and there are hyperlinks to offer further information. She also has the option to share the blog and get more involved with the blog on twitter and Facebook.

Jess. “BODIES NEVER LIE.” BODIES NEVER LIE. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Sept. 2013. .

Bodies Never Lie is a blog written by Jess, a ballet dancer who received a BA in Dance Pedagogy from Butler University. As a performer, teacher, and writer, Jess’s three main aims for her blog are “education, inspiration, and entertainment”. She educates about dance history such as figures, ideas, and pieces of work, but she also uses her experiences as a learning opportunity. Inspiration comes from anywhere such as performances, artwork, fashion, videos, and ideas. She entertains her audience through humorous stories and a sarcastic commentary. Jess offers various opportunities for the reader to get involved in dance from her “Hire a Choreographer” and “Learn to Dance” tabs. Audience involvement is also encouraged by Jess through her comments sections after each post and her contact information. The sites home page title, tag line, and picture are in black and white and the sites layout is simple. The layout has a few tabs at the top and the center is divided into articles and photos. Jess offers further exploration on dance and blogs through sharing links and information on other blogs she follows.

This entry was posted in Archives, Project Proposal. Bookmark the permalink.