Writing about Home

Being away from my country and especially from Mendoza, my native province, is teaching me to appreaciate my own culture and hometown. “You don’t realize what you have until it’s gone,” goes the saying. Although Mendoza is not gone from my life  (I am going to be back there in a few months), being far away has make me aware of how much I love the place where I grew up and where I live.

Las_Leñas_Mendoza_Argentina_by_Andre_Charland

This feeling inspired me to share with my readers what I know about Mendoza and what this incredible province can offer to the visitor. I can definitely say I I would like to design a blog that captivates the viewer since they first glance at it. Therefore, the pictures should be striking: beautiful landscapes, majestic mountains, wild rivers. All these elements should be combined with an adequate background and appropriate contrast. I would like the pictures in the home page to change constantly, as in Forbes Travel Guide Blog.

My goal is to give general information about Mendoza in my own words and view: its history, ancient monuments, universities, outdoor activities, gastronomy and wine industy, among others. The blog, however, is not intended to give information about hotels and accomodation, rates per night, etc.

Finally, there are two sections that cannot miss in my blog: one where readers can learn about me (about section), so as to make my work transpartent, and a contact me section, where readers can post comments or contact me for further information about the places I describe in my blog and their feelings about my publications.

This entry was posted in Project Proposal. Bookmark the permalink.