An Interview with Amber Woolworth

The past couple of summers I have had the pleasure of working for one of the most talented women I know, Amber Woolworth.  She is wonderfully talented and very passionate about what she does.  Amber has helped me develop my sense and knowledge of the fashion industry while maintaining my interest in it.

Amber Woolworth graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising.  She has worked solely in the fashion industry since she graduated college in 2005.  Amber started off in sales for a contemporary showroom representing small independent designers.  Over the years she has worked her way up to becoming a sales manager of growing contemporary brands.  She has traveled across the country as well as Paris to participate in trade shows.  Amber loves the ever-changing world of fashion and looks forward to the future of her career.

Sophia: What were your first experiences in fashion?

Amber: My first experience was interning for the italian design house Ermenegildo Zegna my freshman year of college.

Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 10.32.51 PM

S: How would you describe your personal style?

A: I do not like anything too constricting. I love flowy dresses that are romantic. I mix a lot of vintage with my basics. I especially love layering and adding texture. I live for lace.

S: What is one fashion trend that you love and why?

A: Ballet flats. I dress for comfort after having my baby 6 months ago.

S: What is one fashion trend you dislike and why?

A: Trousers. I think a woman should dress like a lady and pants are too masculine for my taste.

Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 10.34.23 PM

S: What is your favorite season to dress for?

A: Spring. I love pairing a floral printed silk dress with a chunky cotton sweater or a cropped denim jacket.

S: What is one item of clothing you’ve had the longest?

A: My red leather Chloe ballet flats. They are 10 years old and I think I’ve resoled them three times.

S: Name one of your favorite places to shop for clothes.  Why do you like them?

A: Ebay. You can get the best deals!

S: Where do you get most of your style inspiration from? Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 10.27.55 PM

A: The 1970’s. It was the best era for style inspiration.

S: Does fashion allow people to express their individuality or does it force people to conform?

A: I believe it allows you to express your own individuality.

S: What are some things every woman should have in her closet?

A: A classic navy blazer, a broken in denim jacket, cotton sweaters, black leggings, floral dresses both short and long, lace skirt, vwhite victorian dresses, gladiator sandals ballet flats, suede knee boots and a silk scarf.

This entry was posted in Student Blog Project 2015 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.