ForManByMan

The blog I hope to create will cater to the “manliness” design of blogs found on sites like Supercompressor and Por Homme, while also incorporating topics such as sports and popular political/social issues found on sites such as Bleacher Report, SB Nation, and Barstool Sports.

I chose the title “ForManByMan” because I feel as though it has an aesthetic similar to both Supercompressor and Por Home that depicts a sense of modernity; given that my blog will cater to the tastes of the younger male demographic, having a title that represents their tastes is crucial to the success of my blog.

In addition, this manliness/modernity will be conveyed through the layout and design of my blog. My blog will aim to create a user experience similar to that of Supercompressor, with large headings/pictures at the top of the page followed by smaller pictures with subsequent headings with a page that is continuously scrolling. Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 2.43.39 PM

Bleacher Report also employs a technique similar to Supercompressor on their site. However, the initial picture/heading displaying the leading story is much larger than the subsequent picture/heading of the other less relevant/older posts.

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 2.47.35 PM

In addition to employing display techniques that cater to the younger male demographic, my blog will also use a voice that men of this demographic can relate to. The inspiration for this voice comes from the satirical humor employed by writers for Barstool Sports. Their humor, although often crude and offensive, is what many readers of this demographic find humorous/ interesting, and is what builds the great online community that Barstool has. The sense of community found on the site (in terms of the amount of conversations that occur in the comments section) far surpasses any of the other sites previously mentioned, and is something my blog will aim to accomplish.

This entry was posted in Project Proposal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.