Weekend with the Grandparents

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to spend a few nights at my grandmothers house with my brother. I did some filming for a future post and I definitely think I struck gold. Granny could be a movie star. She reminds me of Betty White. As soon as the camera was rolling it was all business.

The weekend gave me some incredible memories of my grandmother that I will never forget. On Saturday, she bought herself, my uncle, my brother, and myself tickets to see the Book of Mormon.

I was terrified to see this with her. It is from the creators of South Park and is definitely not something anyone would want to watch with their grandmother. If you haven’t seen it or heard about it, here’s a quick gif to give you an idea.

the_book_of_mormon_by_xmissgrissomx-d3lgoci

Honestly, this was one of the more appropriate scenes…

I could not believe the fact that I was watching this with my grandmother. I looked in her direction throughout the show expecting for her to be horrified and pissed off. It was quite the opposite. She was laughing harder than anyone else in the audience. There were tears streaming down her face.

Her favorite part of the show? Well just enjoy…

My grandmother is absolutely insane in an incredibly great way. She is 84 and fun. Not many grandmothers would have that kind of reaction to The Book of Mormon. Gotta love her.

Grandfather

I don’t think it would be fair to leave my grandfather out of this post so I will also have to share a story about him from over the weekend as well. We went to dinner on Sunday night and, as usual, discussed his multitude of girlfriends.

I learned that he was taking a women in his apartment on a Caribbean cruise in a few weeks, and the old bachelor seemed pretty excited about it. I personally think it’ll be a good place for him to meet women. Hopefully the lady he’s taking isn’t the jealous type.

About halfway through the dinner I started picking up on the fact that my grandfather was hitting on the waitress. She was about 70 and definitely liked him. He was playfully calling her “sweetheart” and “baby” while I cringed in my seat.

When we got the check, he looked over at me with a huge grin and said, “man she’s really cute.” I jokingly told him to ask for her number and he said that he might have to. The man’s got game. I went to the bathroom after that and refused to ask him about our waitress when I got back.

There’s just some things I’m better off not knowing.

This entry was posted in Student Blog Project 2015 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.