Interview With My Bruvs

From left to right: Tyler, Dane, Ryan, Me, Pat

When I found out I had to conduct an interview for my blog, I knew right away I was going to interview my four best friends. The five of us literally do everything together. We are all on the same team, have more or less the same schedule and live together. To be perfectly honest, these guys are the reason why I go out and try to do something productive everyday. That sounded mad cliche but I guess its true.

Over the course of this semester, I have talked a lot about the competitions that go on within our team. Well, there is nobody I am more competitive with than these four guys. This competitiveness is what drives us to try and do different activities everyday.

This interview was conducted this past Sunday night after we had all been in the same room together for six hours. Tensions were high to say the least, however, I thought the three questions I asked were pretty simple and straightforward. I thought that three questions I asked would be done in no time. Yea I thought wrong. I quickly came to realize that ideas always work out better in your head. Well, here goes nothing…

Out of the five of us, who is the most competitive?

Ryan, Tyler, Pat: Daner.

I kid you not as soon as I said the first syllable of competitive, all three of them said Daner in unison. You see, Daner is one of those kids who always got picked on for being the short kid, he has what you call, Napoleonic Complex. However, we did give him a chance to defend himself.

Dane: Ok assholes, the only reason you all think I am the most competitive is because I can get in all your heads so easily. So if you consider that competitive than sure, I am the most competitive.

Besides lacrosse, what is your favorite activity? 

Ryan: Lifting.

Tyler: Probably running. I think running is the best way for me to stay in shape and lose some of these extra pounds I’m carrying.

Me: How’s losing the pounds coming along?

Tyler: Not good, on the weekends I eat like shit and drink too many beers. But hey, a man can dream right?

Pat: I was a pretty good basketball player in high school so I’d having to say playing pick up. Also, most of the guys on our team suck so it’s cool to dominate you guys.

Dane: (laughing while he answers) Squash. I love to play squash, especially against you Murph because you suck at it and I usually end up beating Tyler too.

In all seriousness, when lacrosse is over and we are (hopefully) graduated from school, how do you plan on staying active?

Ryan: I think I’ll always lift. Right now I lift for lacrosse but I also actually enjoy it, so I’ll keep on doing that.

Tyler: I have two dogs and love hiking up at my house in the Adirondacks so I’m hoping to spend as much time as possible doing that. I’ll also keep up on the running- even though it probably won’t slim me down at all.

Pat: My older brother who lives in the city plays pretty serious basketball in a mens league. I’m hoping to do the same thing.

Dane: I’ve heard swimming is the best thing you can do to stay in shape after college, so I think I’ll give that a try. Besides that, I’m gonna keep playing squash with you because beating you will never get old.