Welcome to the Dickinson College blog site hosted by Academic Technology. If you would like to have a blog created for you or your class email:
Academic technology is located in the basement of Bosler Hall. Come down for a visit. We have lots to offer. For students:
- Taking a language this semester and want more practice? We can show you how to find a language exchange partner on the Mixxer website.
- Want to learn about 3d printing? Maybe add some functionality by programming circuit boards and buttons to your new invention. Come check out the Makerspace.
- Games? We’ve got games, including a new setup with the Oculus Rift, Playstation 3 and 4, XBox 360 and XBox One. Games in English and other foreign languages.
- Of course, we do media. Check out cameras, GPS devices, audio recorders and more. We’ll also help you with that IMovie project, podcast, or even a personal digital portfolio.
- If you’re interested in assigning a digital project to your class, we can help you craft the assignment, show you previous examples from other courses, and come train your class.
- We support other aspects of your teaching as well, including Moodle, smart classrooms, and the tablet initiative.
- Have maps and data you’d like to use in your class or for your research? We have a GIS specialist who can show you or your students how to create a compelling and informative map.
- We also help faculty build digital projects focusing on their area of research. Some example projects:
- House Divided – a digital archive of the Civil War
- Dickinson College Commentaries – a site for teaching Latin.
- Michael Field – an annotated collection of poems from Michael Field.
- Mixxer Language Exchange – a social networking site for language learners.