Students, faculty, college farm workers and others who are engaged in connecting college farms and gardens to undergraduate learning are invited to submit abstracts to present their work in a poster session at the Seeding the Future Conference on Friday, October 14, 2011 from 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
Click the blue box above to submit your abstract.
Abstracts are due: September 23, 2011
Abstracts will be approved (on a rolling basis) for presentation based on the following:
- Relevance to the conference theme of utilizing farms and gardens
in undergraduate liberal arts education;
- Usefulness to college educators and farm programs;
- Clarity of ideas and writing; and
- Priority for student authored and co-authored posters.
Abstracts should include the following:
- Poster title;
- Names of all authors and their institutional affiliations;
- Identify the presenting author and indicate if the presenter is a student; and
- Narrative description of the ideas and supporting information to be presented in the poster, not to exceed 300 words.
The presenting authors of selected posters must register for and attend the conference. There is no financial assistance for poster presenters. The conference program will include a schedule and layout for poster sessions, during which poster presenters are asked to stand by their posters and engage other conference participants in conversation about their work. Plan to bring your completed poster with you the conference. There will not be large format printing available at the conference.
Guidelines for posters:
- Poster size should be no more than 40” (H) by 60” (W).
- The title should be printed in 70 point font or larger.
- All other print should be in a font that can be read from a distance of 3 feet.
- Include the names and institutional affiliations of authors on the poster and contact information for the presenter.
- Bring your printed poster with you to the conference; we will not have facilities for you to print your poster onsite.
- Set up your poster at least 30 minutes prior to the poster session in the space designated for display of your poster. Space will be available at 12:00 on 10/14.
- Posters will be kept on display for the remainder of the conference.
- Please take down your poster immediately after the closing session of the conference.