Advanced Environmental Research and Transformative Sustainability Exchange

Natural Gas Research Survey Test

A stack of pipes that was used to build the controversial Nord Stream II pipeline between Russia and Germany (Source).

Hello everyone! I am coming to you today with a draft of the survey I will conduct while in Germany in March! I want to take some time to describe what I am researching and who will be the intended survey respondents.

My Research Question:

What is the German public opinion on natural gas as an energy source, and does the German public support it as a viable means to the energy transition?

My research question aims to further explore Germany’s public opinion on natural gas as a transition fuel. Research from other scholars has described how various past issues have influenced public opinion of Germany’s energy transition (Hartwig and Tkach-Kawasaki 2018). With the war in Ukraine causing Germany to shift its natural gas reliance away from Russia, I want to explore where public opinion on natural gas lies at this point in time. Also, Sonnberger and Ruddat also published an article that did a survey to determine what public opinion is towards the energy transition and also to establish that the cost-benefit analysis and trust in energy sources can be critical factors that influence the German public opinion towards the energy transition. Therefore, I hope to take time to explore trust and the economic feasibility of natural gas in the eyes of the German public. Overall, I hope to add to the discussion of German public opinion towards the energy transition by narrowing my focus specifically to natural gas, as described in my research question.

When you are taking my survey, try to envision yourself as a German respondent. Let me know if you can think of anything that might be difficult to understand. I intend to give this survey in person by speaking directly to the respondents, so if you think that something might be difficult to understand if someone says them to you, let me know.

Survey Link: Click Here

Bibliography

Hartwig, M. G., & Tkach-Kawasaki, L. (2019). Identifying the “Fukushima Effect” in Germany through policy actors’ responses: evidence from the G-GEPON 2 survey. Quality & Quantity, 53(4), 2081–2101. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-019-00857-x

Moore, J., & Gustafson, T. (2018). Where to Now?: Germany Rethinks its Energy Transition. German Politics and Society, 36(3), 1–22. https://doi.org/10.3167/gps.2018.360301

Sonnberger, M., & Ruddat, M. (2018). Disclosing Citizens’ Perceptual Patterns of the Transition to Renewable Energy in Germany. Nature and Culture, 13(2), 253–280. https://doi.org/10.3167/nc.2018.130204

Next Post

Previous Post

1. haydi saleh February 19, 2023

Greeting Jacob,
    Thank you for sharing your research question and summary. Your research question on the public’s perception of natural gas as an energy source in Germany is intriguing, and I believe it’s critical to understand how Germans view the role of natural gas in the country’s energy transition.

In considering the recent political situations that have affected Germany’s energy policy decisions, it will be interesting to see how the German public perceives natural gas in this scenario. Your survey’s findings might very well shed light on the aspects of the public’s opinion of natural gas, such as its perceived environmental impact and cost-effectiveness. As you mentioned, the cost-benefit analysis and public confidence in energy sources may be key considerations of how the German public feels about the energy transition.
    Do you think it is crucial nowadays for people to be using natural gas as an energy source?
    I wish you the best of luck with your research!

2. Leen Jadallah February 19, 2023

Thank you Jacob for sharing your research question and survey on Germans’ public opinion on natural gas. I personally like how you are trying to reduce toxic gas emissions by seeing how the public would react if it were used as well as the public’s thoughts on Germany’s current socioeconomic situation due to the Russia-Ukrain war.
    Regarding the survey, honestly, question 6 in the survey kind of confused me because it seemed so sudden. Maybe you can start with question 6 then it would be a more natural transition between the questions. In fact, I think the questions should first start with question 6 , then general knowledge question about natural gas, and then you ask questions 1, 2, and 9 (the Russia import questions).
    Other than that I commend you for your work. My question is, how do you plan on implementing natural gas into a society like the German society more than what’s already used? Also, do you know if Germany would actually be able to sustain itself without natural gas imports from Russia and how?

3. Alyazi Al Khemeiri February 19, 2023

Hello Jacob, My name is Alyazi Al Khemeiri. I hope you are doing well!

Regarding how the German public uses and perceives natural gas, your research within the context it is quite intriguing. When considering the current state of relations between Russia and Ukraine, it would be interesting to find out about their perspectives and thoughts through your survey. Real opinions on the usage and distribution of natural gas can also be revealed by your survey. However, as we will see from either the German public’s survey responses, the cost-benefit opinions may not be as accurate even though they claim. Because of the circumstances, their comments can surprise us as they may have new viewpoints.

I would also like to ask Do you support people using natural gas, do you prefer it to be used for certain things, Or not to be used at all?

Good Luck with your research.

4. Alexoliver September 11, 2023

Take part in the survey at https://storeopinion-can.com/survey. Through this survey, Everyone will get a chance to win a $1,000 Optimum Pc gift card from Loblaws Store. Don’t Miss this golden opportunity. This offer is only for Canadians.

5. Talk To Food Lion Survey January 3, 2024

Talk To Food Lion Survey– By answering this survey, you will provide valuable input to the business. The business uses this data to enhance customer support and create better products. You will be placed into a drawing to win one of ten $500 Food Lion gift cards after completing the survey

6. Lowes Survey Win $500 Rewards January 4, 2024

Effective ways to build the currency of trust between suppliers and consumers are through Lowes Survey . Numerous US-based and international businesses survey their customers to get their opinions.

7. Official Kroger Feedback Survey January 5, 2024

Official Kroger Feedback Survey – Welcome to the guide for the Kroger feedback survey. To successfully complete the Official Kroger Feedback Survey, get 50 Fuel Points, and enter to win a $1000 grand prize, follow the instructions below.

8. GetFreedomUnlimited January 16, 2024

GetFreedomUnlimited – It will pre-fill all of the information that you are pre-qualified for, making it easy to make the getfreedomunlimited.com card using the invitation quantity, 5-digit zipper code, and final title.