Stream Team Meeting at Opossum Lake

On Monday, September 20th, ALLARMies Stephanie Letourneau (Community Science Specialist), Phoebe Galione (Outreach Manager), Michelle Hom ’24, and I hosted a meeting with the Cumberland County Stream Team at Opossum Lake. The meeting was a chance for us to collect quality control samples from volunteers, to distribute any necessary equipment, and to check in on how monitoring is going. Towards the end of the meeting, I had the opportunity to ask volunteers about their monitoring experiences.Photo shows Stream Team members sitting at picnic tables, having a conversation.

This meeting was an exciting event for me since it was the first time I was able to help facilitate a conversation with our Stream Team volunteers. I have been working on creating a StoryMap about our Susquehanna Stream Team sites and this was my first opportunity to ask volunteers some questions about their monitoring experiences. After listening to their answers, I felt like I was able to get to know more about the different sites and their favorite parts of being involved with ALLARM. I had never met most of the Cumberland County volunteers before so it was also nice to get to know them! We have so many passionate volunteers who really care about their monitoring sites and I always appreciate the chance to hear more about their monitoring experiences.
Picture shows Watershed Coordinator Grace talking to the Stream Team volunteers.