History | Photo Gallery | LeTort Park Home | Historical Resources
Recreational Activities | Kiwanis Club Donation | Playground | Girl Scout Recognized | GreenFest | Mental Health Awareness Week | Trail Markers | Splash Pad | Native Garden | Softball Field
Kiwanis Club Donation
By Rachael Moore
In 1953, the Kiwanis Club of Carlisle donated two acres of land which became part of the LeTort Park. Throughout the years, the Kiwanis Club has helped with the upkeep and renovation of the park. This park symbolizes the International Kiwanis Club mission of serving today’s youth. In August of 2015, the Kiwanis Club was finally recognized for all of their work at the park.
More information about the Carlisle Kiwanis Club’s land donation can be found here.
 “Kiwanis Recognized for role in LeTort Park, Celebrates 100 Years of Service,” The Sentinel” August 19, 2015 http://cumberlink.com/news/local/kiwanis-recognized-for-role-in-letort-park-celebrates-years-of/article_3c0de294-9453-56f7-98e8-43cf4c04a524.html
Featured photo: http://cumberlink.com/news/local/carlisle-s-letort-park-gets-green-from-estate/article_10646ee0-7722-11e2-82a6-001a4bcf887a.html