2nd blog post

There are various communities that I would say I am a part of. At Dickinson College, I would say the people that belong to that community are all the students, workers, alumni, and faculty. Dickinson College is also a part of the town of Carlisle, I feel that it would be unfair to include the people of the town in the Dickinson College community because we co-exist with each other through an economic standpoint of restaurants and such in town. I would say the people that do not belong to this community are people who do not live in Carlisle because they are not actively interacting nor a part of social groups and activities at Dickinson College or in the town of Carlisle.

In this community, I experience most of my interactions with students and faculty. I occasionally experience interactions with the people of Carlisle when I am in down shopping, eating food, or just going for a walk in town. However I would say the people at Dickinson College are different than the people who live in Carlisle, therefore it could create a sub-group in this community or a divide between the towns people and the students.

This does not effect my perception of them, but it does make me feel that sometimes the towns people do not like the students of Dickinson College. We could cause noise on the weekends, create an overpopulation aspect to their small town, or be an annoyance to them.