Weekend events

This past weekends events were very well put together and organized despite the obstacles mother nature had brought.  The kickoff event to the weekend on Friday night did a good job of showing off the hard work that a handful of the individuals who worked on the project had done.  I felt it was much more a showcase of civil war history than anything else.  The most interesting event I found to be the teacher’s workshop on Saturday morning.  I have used the House Divided website on and off for the past three years and just to see and have all of it’s capabilities explained really impressed me.  I was also impressed with the teachers at the workshop.  They asked questions that I could connect with as I am in an Education class about ESL students and the one man expressed his feelings on how the House Divided website can be an effective tool in his classroom by using the available maps and voice recordings.  I was very impressed with the enitre weekends activities from the vast amounts of information that Prof. Osborne and Prof. Pinsker exerted on their groups in the Old Courthouse to the celebration of the Civil Wars 150th Anniversary at the Carlisle Theater.