Want to learn more about the science behind the recipe? Click Here
Click here to see the recipe in another format.
- Mix sugar and butter.
- Add egg and flavorings, mix thoroughly.
- Measure flour by dipping method.
- Stir dry ingredients together and blend in.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide dough in thirds and roll 3/16” thick on lightly floured pastry cloth.
- Cut with cookie cutter, (sprinkle with sugar here if you are not planning to ice them).
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until delicately golden.
Image from Shutterstock.