College Graduate

Posted by russianrooms in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Vadim is 22 years old. He was born in Ivanovo, the city of brides and a central hub for the Russian textile industry. A few years ago Vadim’s family moved to Moscow. Vadim now lives in a bright and spacious room with his sister. A photo of New York, Vadim’s favorite city, hangs on the wall. Logos of Dickinson College and awards for academic excellence at RGGU sit on the bookshelf.
Just a month ago Vadim graduated with distinction from the Moscow State University for Humanities. His specialty was Global Economics and he is now actively seeking work. Vadim was a participant in the academic exchange program at RGGU and spent the entire last year studying at Dickinson College in Pennsylvania. He worked as an assistant professor and taught lessons on Conversational Russian, helped students with homework, and acquainted his American classmates with the peculiarities of Russian youth culture.

“The year I spent in America was the happiest year of my life,” Vadim says. “I made good friends and visited so many interesting places, I experienced the American way of life and culture, and learned what it really means to work and study. I really hope I will be able to go back to America again!”

Vadim came up with the design for his room with his sister and parents. He picked out the modern-style furniture and he is the one who maintains order and cleanliness. He spends most of his time away from home, and the room is mostly used as a bedroom.

Translated by Chase Philpot

vad_01

vad_01_2