About Me

About Me: Prof. O’Neill

Food has always played an important part in my life, whether it be making it or eating it. I grew up in a household where we canned our own peaches, made our own applesauce, and froze fresh corn to be enjoyed throughout the year. Ice cream was not something purchased from the grocery store, but rather a family event that had to be worked for. And baking of any kind was a weekly, if not daily event. I believe my interest in cooking translated to an enjoyment in the chemistry laboratory. This class has become quite valuable to me. During my first semester, my mother was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Then several years later my husband was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I am not creating amazing new recipes, but I am able to adjust recipes to fit the needs of my family by understanding the science occurring. I hope that you will take something away from this course that will be beneficial to you in life.

On a personal note:  I love dogs!  Our family dog Vader, or more accurately Bark Vader, is a rescue.  She is a MegaMutt, meaning the genetic testing of her sibling had too many varieties to classify.  However, she is mostly black lab and terrier, with a little st. bernard drool

.

Click here to see the Muffin Recipe

Click here to see the Time and Activity Chart for the Muffin Recipe