- Democratic Congressman from Brooklyn, New York from 1923-1972
- supporter of Roosevelt New Deal policies
- advocate for establishment of the state of Israel
- chairman of the Judiciary Committee
- co-author of Indian Immigration and Naturalization Bill, H.R. 3517 which was passed on June 27, 1946
- key creator of the Civil Rights Acts of 1957, 1960, 1964
You Never Leave Brooklyn: The Autobiography of Emanuel Celler. New York: John Day Co., 1953.
Papers: ca. 1924-1973. Manuscript Division, Library of Congress.