Sustainability Reflection- Julz

Looking at the image I picked for sustainability  (image 10), I would define sustainability as economical, social, and environmental stability. The image I think reflects that definition because it mentions not just environmental words such as “waste” and “biodiversity” and  “emissions” and “clean air”, but also social words such as “share” and “art” and “culture”. Sustainability is wholistic, not just environmental which is what most people think of when they think sustainability.

I think this next workshop will intertwine with sustainability in sustainability and equity in the workplace, especially on farms where migrant workers or seasonal helpers pick food that we eat (or feed to other things we eat), yet struggle to put food on their own family’s table.

One thought on “Sustainability Reflection- Julz

1. How do the UN Sustainable Development goals help you see the holistic and interdependent nature of sustainability? I am excited to see your thinking move past sustainability just being about the environment and excited to see how you are able to connect this thinking to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.