What seems like a simple muffin recipe base, actually has lots of science occurring.
The purpose of the flour is… (This will be where you use your research to explain all the science to your recipe, remember to reference your work).
For this recipe you could try different leavening agents. To read about the results of these adjustments, click here.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place 6 muffin liners in the muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, egg, milk, and warm water.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Quickly mix the ingredients together, counting 20 strokes. Do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until batter is set and tops are lightly golden.
Bibliography - APA format