1. Bike racks updates (mapping project and excel spreadsheet of new locations)
- 12 new bike racks have been purchased and will be deployed around campus in April. Funding between facilities and student senate is being determined.
2. Bike rooms
- Potential indoor bike rooms have been identified and prioritized. BAC agreed that further action should be taken on creating bike rooms. Ken is digging deeper on feasibility/next steps for priority rooms.
3. Bike fix-it stations – location and priority ranking was approved by BAC.
- 1 pump: The HUB – a central location for all students, faculty, and staff
- 2 pumps: One on Morgan Field and one in the Quads (this one could also be the workstation that has a pump with it) – this would spread out the location of the pumps more evenly
- 3 pumps: Morgan Field, the HUB, and the Quads (this one could also be the work station with a pump)
*If fix-it stands are purchased, handlebar volunteers could host how to use the stand days to familiarize the campus with them.
4. Bike to Farm potluck planning
- Sunday, April 27th 11:45 am – 3 pm.
- FAS with bike riding experience, please volunteer to lead a ride group for B2F!
5. Bike to Work Day (College celebration May 1, national challenge May 16)
- Ride out to D-Park in the morning or afternoon and ride all or part of the the trail.
- Coordinate with DPS for assistance with traffic from Britton Plaza to College or Mooreland Ave (to get on South St.)
6. Handlebar expansion and CSE biking position(s) expansion
- No reportable progress. Just ideas for now.
7. National Bike Challenge Dickinson participation https://nationalbikechallenge.org/
- Could be a great tool for alumni outreach – get alumni who cycle to join the Dickinson team.
8. Tour de GreenBelt Harrisburg bicycle ride – Sunday June 8.
- Dickinson team? Contact me if anyone wants to set up a Dickinson team. I’ll likely be out of town that day.
9. Biking page for April Vitality (and regular posts about biking in Vitality)