Jackie Greger

Climate change is a challenge I’m passionate about that is both global and local. I have seen this play out in my own life as I grew up at the Jersey Shore very rooted to the environment and bay there where my family has lived for generations; When Hurricane Sandy hit in 2012 the superstorm devastated my local community, and at the time I didn’t know it was a climate event. This realization occurred to me in my Environmental Connections Intro at Dickinson, and since then I have become more and more involved in sustainability efforts on and off campus and at home. I have been to several youth climate strikes which have been very impactful to me as climate change directly threatens the future of mine and next generations. Furthermore, this is a global issue that will impact the world in disproportionate locations and hit already vulnerable populations the hardest, while most emissions and pollution are from wealthy countries in the global north. This aspect of climate equity and environmental justice is another inextricable issue that comes along with climate change that I am passionate about and must be addressed.

One thought on “Jackie Greger

1. Hey Jackie- I know first hand you see and value the interdependent nature of all these issues. I am excited to see you share this work and experience in this workshop series. Also, I think it will be great for you to continue to connect your personal experience to the solutions that the planet and people need. Looking forward to your presence!