This route to the Farm is the more direct route. While it has more traffic, it leaves less room for error, following the same roads for longer distances. Riders are advised to use caution for most of this route during rush hour traffic, especially York Rd (PA 74) around the intersections with E High St. (PA 641) and I-81. This is a 6.79 mile ride.
If you’ve never been to the college farm, it’s a large red barn with a Dickinson logo on the side.
- Starting at the corner of W high St. and S College St., head east down High St. for about one mile.
- Keep right at the Y-intersection onto York Rd (PA 74 South). (at.91 mi)
- Turn right onto Petersburg Rd. If you’ve come to the I-81 overpass on York Rd, you’ve gone too far. (at 1.58 mi)
- Turn left onto Westminster Dr. This is the first left after the I-81 overpass. (at 1.94 mi)
- Make an immediate right onto Forge Rd.(at 2.33 mi) and follow this into Boiling Springs.
- At the Y, bear right onto Walnut St. (at 5.50 mi) Continue down the road and around the bend.
- Continue to the right onto Park Dr. (at 5.99 mi) (Note: This is a 50 mph country road)
- The College Farm will be on your right. (at 6.79 mi)