This ride is a long, but doable ride east from Carlisle through Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Lemoyne, over the Susquehanna River, and finally ending in Harrisburg. Use this ride to get to the train or bus station (where the MapMyRide route ends) or to access all that Harrisburg, or any of the towns along the way, have to offer. This is an 18.5 mile ride.
- Start at the intersection of W High St. and S College St.
- Begin traveling east on E High St. (PA 641 East). E High St. becomes Trindle Rd. (still PA 641) after I-81. Follow Trindle Road through the townships, across the PA Turnpike into Mechanicsburg. Trindle changes names to Main St. (at 9.39 mi)
- Continue following signs for PA 641 East through and out of Mechanicsburg. Pass under the PA 581/US 11 freeway, and at the traffic light for US 11/15, continue across onto Chestnut St. (at 14.47 mi)
- Turn right at the end onto S 19th St. (15.49 mi)
- This street will bend to the left and becomes State St. (at 15.75 mi)
- State St. follows the train tracks to its end at Market St. Merge right onto Market Street eastbound.(at 16.75 mi)
- Travel down the hill, around the bends, and onto the Market St. Bridge over the Susquehanna. There are sidewalks on the bridge if you’re uncomfortable with the traffic. (at 17.33 mi)
- Take the exit to the right onto City Island (at 17.74 mi)
- Go left under the Market St. Bridge, you will find the Old Walnut St. Bridge a bit north by the baseball stadium.
- Cross the river and enter the City of Harrisburg.
- Feel free to explore yourself, but if you’re going to the train station, turn right onto Front St. (at 18.10 mi)
- Take your next left onto Market St. for 3 1/2 blocks and the train/bus station will be on your right. (at 18.5 mi)
This route brings riders into multiple cities, and suburbs around those cities. Caution is advised while traveling on PA 641 for its entirety during rush hour, as well as Market St., the Market St. Bridge and Harrisburg city streets during busy driving times.