Welcome to the course blog for Writing In and For Digital Environments — an undergraduate course at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Read about this course on the Dickinson College Digital Humanities Blog: http://blogs.dickinson.edu/digitalhumanities/2013/08/19/new-course-writing-in-and-for-digital-environments/
- Playlist #4: Under the covers.
- Playlist #4: Under the covers.Posted 9 months ago
A brief explanation of this playlist: While struggling with a bout of post-thanksgiving playlist-maker/writer’s block, I couldn’t decide whether to blog a playlist of all cover songs or a playlist…
- New Addiction: Friday Night Lights
- New Addiction: Friday Night LightsPosted 9 months ago
The lure of Netflix is always stronger when you have a pile of important stuff to do – like that time I was abroad in England and had three days…
- A Teacher’s Reflection
- A Teacher’s ReflectionPosted 9 months ago
Thanksgiving break meant returning to my hometown to not just visit family and friends, but also visit my dance teacher. Because I have known her since I was in elementary…
- All In My Head
- All In My HeadPosted 9 months ago
Preface: This post is a little weird because it’s literally all in my head (or exactly what I was thinking/ feeling that day). This is such a struggle. I walk…
- Summer Blogging!
- Summer Blogging!Posted 3 months ago
Hello All! For this summer, I will be blogging under a different site, so follow me there for all the updates on my internship in Washington, D.C.!
- Spring, finally.
- Spring, finally.Posted 4 months ago
Bless our hearts to hear
- Modern Folk Lore and Cultural Revelations
- Modern Folk Lore and Cultural RevelationsPosted 5 months ago
Of the many older books on my dorm room bookshelf (including some older texts and local histories), one always seems to catch the eye of my visitors. Bound in a hard blue…
- Selfies and The Craze of Self-Photography
- Selfies and The Craze of Self-PhotographyPosted 5 months ago
A few weeks ago, General Colin L. Powell created an overnight Internet sensation by posting an image of himself, taken in the 1950s. The image, capturing the young and dapper…
- A Letter to People Who Think They Can’t Cook
- A Letter to People Who Think They Can’t CookPosted 6 months ago
Dear People Who Say They Cannot Cook, I kindly ask that you reconsider your
position. Why? Because cooking is not magic.
Fall 2014 Syllabus (PDF) coming soon!