Heavy Rotation Update: ADDs for the Week of 4/10-4/11 (Late, Oops)

Sorry about the lateness, I’ve been distracted by derpy cats for most of the week. As well as school assignments and a nasty cold. Excuses, excuses.

Anyway, my ADDs for the week are as such:

Vivian Darkbloom — Know Your Exit: Folk rock is always great, especially with a dark edge. This band kind of sounds like if The Decemberists got lost in the woods on a really bad day, with Straylight Run writing the lyrics. RIYD: The Kooks

Mark Alexander — Closer: Apparently “Midwest Rock” is a genre now. And this band is the epitome of that, cowboys and blue jeans and angst for the win. RIYD: Ray La Montagne

Ontario — Ontario: Described as an “indie rock powerhouse” this band is comprised of a multi-talented multi-instrumental set-up. They’re not actually from Canada, but they’re still pretty dreamy. RIYD: Fleet Foxes, C0zy Galaxies

Jonny October — The Wheelhouse: Would you look at that, I reviewed a hip-hop artist. This guy is unassuming to look at, but he has some great lyrics and a general knack of hip-hop. RIYD: Kid Cudi, Flobots

Well, that’s all I got for this week. Tune in next week for more weird pictures and/or memes. Yeehaw!

Happy Thursday,

Tori

Bookmark the permalink.