Interview with Mr. Seras, owner of Back Door Cafe

My interview with Mr. Seras taught me new and interesting things about Carlisle. This interview allowed me to see Carlisle through the eyes of Mr. Seras who was born and raised here. He comes from a family of business owners and now he himself owns restaurant and catering business in town called the Back Door Café, The Back Door is a trendy spot on High Street that specializes in Salads, Soups, and the freshest sandwiches money can buy. What was most interesting to me is Mr.Seras history of Carlisle business. His father owned a cleaners on High Street and his father’s father owned a candy shop in the 1930’s and 40’s. He come from a Greek family and is 3rd generation Greek. He even mentioned that he has a photograph of when he was a child in a book publish about Greek Immigrants in Carlisle called,  The New Way Greeks Come to Carlisle Pennsylvania by Susan Eyster Meehan. This was the exact book that I pick up at my visit to the Cumberland Society Museum. All in all, there is so much to be learned about Carlisle and its history. Thanks Mr. Seras!

~CT~

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.