The Loser of the Squash Court

I have written in multiple posts about how much I love playing squash. Yea, I might have to take back that statement. My friends and I played a few games this past week and I have now realized, I. Hate. Squash. I lost handedly to two of my best friends and I am not happy about it. Let me tell you a little bit about the night…

So, my first match was against the one and only, Dane Huber. He is my best frIMG_1684iend, my teammate and also my roommate. I do everything with this 5’7″ kid and I usually beat him in everything we do. Losing to him is my nightmare.

This match started with a few points exchanged back and forth but after that, it went all down hill for me. I started making mistakes that led into even more mistakes that led into me (almost) breaking that racquet into pieces. And the worst part is, while my little tantrum was going on, I was getting chirped out of the water by Dane. Final score of this match was 11-5…pathetic.

My second match was against the chubby, upstate-New Yorker, Tyler Strods. This was going to be my redemption match; the match where I got my confidence back. Think about how great of a feeling it was for Andy Dufresne  when he got his redemption. That is the feeling I was hoping for.

Well, after a few more mistakes on my part, a few nice shots on Tyler’s part and me almost breaking my hand from punching the wall, I went on to once again lose the match. Although, my performance was a little better this time, I only lost 11-7!

Even though I do suck at squash, it was still a great time to be out on the court playing. We spent an hour of our Monday night playing squash while our third roommate was stuck in the lib trying to write an eight page research paper…in Spanish. So, looking back on the night, I guess I can consider myself in the win column in that aspect.

**I have just recently announced my retirement from squash and am planning on giving racquetball the old college try.