Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

After attending the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion workshop on Tuesday, I now have a better understanding of what really are Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and mean to us all during these challenging times. The articles touched on how the farmworkers are stuck in this domino effect of a never-ending system. This is system is shown through a variety of ways in how the owners of the farms are living well while the workers are struggling to eat, have work/ job security, and live a normal life. Now, every time I go to the grocery store, I will think of my target and agent identities as well the different systemic racism systems, which plague our daily lives. If I had to migrate to another country, I would migrate to Italy. I say Italy because since I know how to speak the language and hold meaningful conversations with locals and shop owners, I will be able to successfully navigate the country. While I will have to encounter some intrinsic barriers and qualities in my new country, I feel that I’d be able to become acclimated to my new surroundings. The agent identities that I would hold are that I would be a white male with both parents who have attended colleges in the United States. Since I am a catholic, migrating to Italy would be an easy task because it’s one of the country’s most popular religions. A target identity would be that I am an American trying to get acquainted with a foreign country and ideals.

Be the first to reply