Recap of the Big Ten Conference Championship

For those of you who didn’t listen to my podcast I posted last week predicting the outcome of the Big Ten Conference Championship Game, thank goodness.  For those of you who did listen to it, I deeply apologize for my embarrassing prediction.  Remember when I said confidently Wisconsin would beat Ohio State 34-24?  Well, Ohio State must have listened to my podcast before the game, as they went on to dominate Wisconsin 59-0 in a game that was never close.  In my defense, nobody thought it would be that big of a blowout.  In case you missed the game here are the highlights below.

I made a bold prediction that Melvin Gordon would run for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns. Well, if I subtracted 100 yards and 3 touchdowns from that prediction I would have been spot on.  That’s right, Gordon rushed for 75 yards and 0 touchdowns.  I also thought Cardale Jones would struggle in his first career start, but instead he only threw for 257 yards and 3 touchdowns.  The only accurate statement I made throughout my entire podcast was stating Ezekiel Elliot would have to have a big game for Ohio State to win.  He had more than a big game as he rushed for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Ohio State played like a team trying to make a statement.  That statement was clear to the College Football Playoff Committee; clear enough that the committee pushed Ohio State into the top four of the College Football Playoff Rankings.  They earned a spot in the playoffs where they’ll meet the top ranked team, the Alabama Crimson Tide.  Can I bet against Ohio State again after their performance against Wisconsin?  We’ll have wait and see.

Before I close out this post, I’ll leave you with a hype-up video for each team who made the college football playoff.  Man, do I love bowl season.  Enjoy!

Alabama

Oregon

Florida State

Ohio State

This entry was posted in Student Blog Project 2015 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.