Let me tell you about myself

My amazing mother <3 She is my world.
My amazing mother. She is my world <3

Hi my name is Ashley! I am a college student at small liberal arts college in Pennsylvania. I was born in New York City, but then moved to Virginia when I was in the third grade. I part of a big and loving family. I have an older sister, Evy, and two adorable dogs named Wags and Scruffy. My parents sometimes joke that I like getting to see Wags and Scruffy more than seeing them when I come home from college. At home, I live amongst the most delightful neighbors, who my family and I consider part of our family too. My favorite things to do are running, reading, and spending time with family and friends. I love to travel and learn about different cultures. Something interesting about me is that I went to boarding school for high school. I am incredibly lucky because I was met people from all over the world. In high school, I discovered my love for running. Which has translated into college, where I run cross-country and track.

My high school cross country team getting last minute advice before the meet!
Now in college, I am still running! Coming down the homestretch!

Running in college makes my days pretty hectic, but I love every minute of it. Everything from my coaches, teammates, grueling workouts, to the freezing ice baths we take. My team is one big family, just like my family at home. I am writing this blog for my English class. I am really excited, because it is about running, which is one of my passions. In my blog, I hope to share my journey of running with my audience. I am new to blogging, so writing this blog is a journey just as much as my running is a journey.

My lovely teammates and best friends! Adri and Polly!

Running has always been a journey for me because it has taught me many things. I was a “walk on” the track. I didn’t even do “cross country” my fall of my freshman year. I joined in “track” spring semester of freshmen year. Running has been a challenging and unique experience. I want to share what it is like to be on a varsity team and how it is so special.

Junior Class!
Junior Class!
228331_10200122738779523_1850428915_n
Evy, Mom, Dad, and Me. I miss them everyday when I am away!
65047_10200122683378138_1360551083_n
Me with my mom, sister, and our silly dogs! They are always looking for cars or squirrels to chase!