We Lift Things Up and Put Them Down

Even though our fall season has technically been over for about a month now, we really have not seen any slow down. We are either running or lifting 6 out of 7 days of the week- just like in season.

Don’t get me wrong here, I actually do enjoy being with the team and getting better every week. This will be something that will pay off for us in the spring so we have all bought in to this off-season training. Although the running is great, the team lifts are what we all really look forward to.

the-rock-workout-chest-cable-flys
THE ROCK

This is a time where all 50 of us can be together and do cool man things. Like, what is more manly than lifting weights?!  You see the that man there? Yea, thats what we are all striving for… ha ha kidding. I think we would need a lot of steroids and protein shakes to ever look like that.

But in reality, our team lifts are an opportunity for us to get better. We all think of our lifts as a competition between each other. Of course, everyone can lift different amounts of weight but it is your improvement that is most important.

Another reason we all love our team lifts is because of the unbelievable weight room we get to lift in. Student-athletes here at Dickinson are so fortunate to have the Durden Center. This athletic training center is easily one of the best facilities in Division III.

Our coach is always telling us we can think of these lifts two different ways. We can either think of them as an obligation or an opportunity. Well, I can say with complete confidence that we all think of it as a great opportunity to get better and have a ton of fun doing it.