This simple and vibrant green sauce made with olive oil, garlic, herbs, spices, and red wine vinegar originates in Argentinian. Chimichurri is typically used as a condiment, dipping sauce, or for marinading. It is a fantastic way to spice up a meal and add more flavor, especially for roasted meats and vegetables.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 small red chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoondried oregano or 1-3 tablespoon of fish oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- Rinse the parsley and remove as much water off the leaves as possible. Pull the parsley leaves from their stems, and chop finely. Mince the garlic.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, crushed red pepper, oregano, salt, and chopped parsley, in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Although it can be used immediately after preparation allow it to sit for a couple of hours for flavor development.