Module Registration?

August 5, 2009 · 10 Comments

Did anyone else just get an email from UEA with a list of the modules they made it into for the fall? I just got an email listing SIX modules I’m apparently registered for in the fall, but I think it’s a bit fishy for several reasons. First of all, we’re only supposed to be taking two UEA modules in the fall, right? Secondly, I didn’t sign up for ANY of the modules on the list at any priority level, and thirdly, none of the modules make sense to take for my major.

I was just wondering if anyone else had gotten a similar, confusing email. I responded to the email as I was told to do if I had any questions, but I’d feel a bit better if anyone else had a similar email or if Professor Qualls had any suggestions as to what this could mean.

Thanks!

Categories: Uncategorized

•   buonacos // Aug 5th 2009 at 15:11

Hi,

I also received my module enrollments by e-mail. It looks to me like they’re sending the whole year at once, not just the fall. The ones they sent me are all ones I signed up for, but not all of them were number 1 choices. You might want to double check to see if you did pick those as 2nd or 3rd choices and might have forgotten. But if they’re all completely strange or random I would suggest contacting UEA to see what’s up. (They list Sheryl Colk – s.colk@uea.ac.uk – for my contact, but I don’t know if everyone has the same contact.)

Hope this helps.

-Sarah

•   Chelsea Gilchrist // Aug 5th 2009 at 19:24

Yeah, I emailed back, but Sheryl Colk seems to be on vacation. I hope to get a response soon. Thanks for the reply 🙂

What worries me is not even that I didn’t request any of the modules, it’s that none of them even apply to my American Studies major. It’s all Russian, Middle Eastern, and French history, so I’m just hoping that they sent me the wrong module list by accident. If I can’t take any of the modules I originally requested, I can’t graduate on my preplanned schedule.

•   allisonmschell5 // Aug 6th 2009 at 08:46

Hey Chelsea-
    They sent me all the ones for the year as well. Maybe they messed up with yours, because I think I got all of my first choices. I’m going to e-mail Sheryl Colk as well cause I got some questions of my own, but I hope you can get this straightened out!

•   Chelsea Gilchrist // Aug 6th 2009 at 21:58

Thanks :). I’m just really hoping this is someone else’s list!

Good luck getting a response, it seems like Sheryl Colk is on vacation.

•   buonacos // Aug 6th 2009 at 22:15

Try not to worry too much. The classes aren’t completely set yet, so even if they did royally mess up, it can still be changed. 🙂

•   Chelsea Gilchrist // Aug 7th 2009 at 16:09

Turns out they DID send me someone else’s list…all is well now, and I think I got into mostly first-choice classes!

•   buonacos // Aug 7th 2009 at 22:03

Glad it worked out and it was just a mistake!

•   roseam // Aug 10th 2009 at 11:25

I’m a little concerned about mine as well. Since I’m double majoring, I have to make sure that all my courses count for specific things and I didn’t get into many of my first choices. I emailed Ms. Colk and she said that those are only preliminary, but can be changed at registration.

•   Chelsea Gilchrist // Aug 10th 2009 at 13:09

Perhaps discuss the courses with your Dickinson advisor? That’s what I have to do when the courses get finalized, since one of the modules I got into might not really count towards one of the requirements for my major (and I have to make sure every one of my courses counts for something as well). I think I’m just going to wait and see what I can finally get into, and then talk to my Dickinson advisor and Dickinson head of department to see if the requirements can be fudged or something like that.

•   Karl // Aug 15th 2009 at 16:35

Glad to see this dialogue, and sorry to be so late in responding.
    Chelsea, glad it all worked out. Amy, they are working on your psych. It is a small and idiosyncratic school, but the folks at the international office are on it. August is holiday month, so slow responses are the norm.