- Check out the farm's 2016 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual ReportPosted 6 days ago
Wondering what the College Farm has been up to for the past year? Click the link below for a full description of this past year with the farm, from production,…
- Now Hiring! Summer Student Farmers
- Now Hiring Summer Student Farmers!Posted 1 week ago
Looking for a summer job that gets you outside? Interested in learning about how food is produced and growing food for your community? A summer with the College Farm might…
- Alumni Spotlight: Jamie Bugel ’13
- Alumni Spotlight: Jamie Bugel ’13Posted 4 weeks ago
Plant Breeding and the Future of Food Jamie Bugel ‘13 grew up all over the country, from Virginia, to Kentucky, to Wisconsin, to Georgia, to Florida.For the first decade of…
- Alumni Spotlight: Anna Farb '12
- Alumni Spotlight: Anna Farb ’12Posted 4 weeks ago
Nursing the Seedlings of the Community Anna Farb ‘12 came to Dickinson from Columbia, Maryland. When she was applying to Dickinson, she says that she knew and was excited about the College…
- 14th Annual Local Food Dinner
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 : 14th Annual Local …Posted 2 months ago
The Dickinson College Farm warmly invites you to join us for the 14th Annual Local Food Dinner! A culinary celebration that highlights the agricultural resources within our region and the farmers…
- Grass Fed Beef, Lamb and Mutton For Sale!!
- Grass Fed Beef, Lamb and Mutton For Sale!!Posted 2 months ago
The College Farm is proud to provide grass-fed, humanely-raised meat for the community. All of our livestock are raised on pasture, eating a diversity of grasses and legumes. Farm Apprentices…
- Now Hiring 2017 Farm Apprentices and 2017-18 Education & Outreach Coordinator
- Now Hiring 2017 Farm Apprentices and 2017-18 …Posted 2 months ago
The College Farm offers a unique opportunity to recent graduates interested in embarking upon a six-month learning and working intensive through our Farm Apprenticeship. These positions are full time and…
Student employees, graduate apprentices and volunteers are involved in all aspects of food production and research. Students in a wide variety of disciplines learn about renewable energy and sustainable agriculture through workshops and volunteering opportunities. On-site classes and independent research projects give students unique insights into complex mathematics, the role of food in global politics, public art projects, Buddhist philosophies and more.
The farm provides food to the campus and local community. The majority of the harvest is sold to the campus Dining Hall, with a significant portion earmarked for the farm’s Campus Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program, a May-November produce subscription that feeds more than 155 members and their families.
The farm also sells produce through a bountiful stand at Carlisle’s thriving weekly farmers’ market and donates thousands of pounds of fresh produce to a local food bank, Project S.H.A.R.E.
Through youth programs such as Farm, Cook, Eat, Sustainable Earth Education (SEED) and the hosting of popular annual events such as the Local Food Dinner, Dickinson College Farm serves as a venue for the Dickinson community and its neighbors to experience a holistic approach to land stewardship rooted in management practices that work to sustain the natural environment.