- 14th Annual Local Food Dinner
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 : 14th Annual Local …Posted 2 weeks ago
The Dickinson College Farm warmly invites you to join us for the 14th Annual Local Food Dinner! A culinary celebration that highlights the agricultural resources within our region and the farmers…
- Grass Fed Beef, Lamb and Mutton For Sale!!
- Grass Fed Beef, Lamb and Mutton For Sale!!Posted 1 month ago
The College Farm is proud to provide grass-fed, humanely-raised meat for the community. All of our livestock are raised on pasture, eating a diversity of grasses and legumes. Farm Apprentices…
- Now Hiring 2017 Farm Apprentices and 2017-18 Education & Outreach Coordinator
- Now Hiring 2017 Farm Apprentices and 2017-18 …Posted 1 month ago
The College Farm offers a unique opportunity to recent graduates interested in embarking upon a six-month learning and working intensive through our Farm Apprenticeship. These positions are full time and…
- Holiday Gift Boxes Now Available
- Holiday Gift Boxes Now AvailablePosted 2 months ago
Give A Gift From the Land!Farm-made gift boxes are a great way to share a taste of the farm with others! Our products are made with certified organic vegetables and…
- SEED in the news!
- SEED in the news!Posted 2 months ago
Harrisburg based news magazine has done an article on SEED in it's November issue! Check it out here.
- Alumni Spotlight: Scott Hoffman '12
- Alumni Spotlight: Scott Hoffman ’12Posted 3 months ago
Family Cow FarmstandNot all students, in fact very few, come to work at the college farm with prior farming experience. Scott Hoffman, class of 2012, and now owner of Family…
- Alumni Spotlight: Kyle Long '14
- Alumni Spotlight: Kyle Long ’14Posted 3 months ago
After growing up in a farmhouse that dates back to the 1800s, Kyle Long had a connection to farming from childhood. Kyle was a student farmer at the college farm…
- Alumni Spotlight: Steven Finley '15
- Alumni Spotlight: Steven Finley ’15Posted 3 months ago
Originally from Chambersburg, PA, past student farmer and apprentice, Steven Finely, has recently moved on to work at Red Fire Farm in Montague, Massachusetts. In terms of organic farming, RFF…
- Alumni Spotlight: David Golden '14
- Alumni Spotlight: David Golden ’14Posted 3 months ago
David the Durango-tang and Composting in Colorado Originally from Loudon County, Virginia, David Golden grew up with dreams of becoming a professional adventurer, “like the kind that discovers new continents and…
Student employees, graduate apprentices and volunteers are involved in all aspects of food production and research. Students in a wide variety of disciplines learn about renewable energy and sustainable agriculture through workshops and volunteering opportunities. On-site classes and independent research projects give students unique insights into complex mathematics, the role of food in global politics, public art projects, Buddhist philosophies and more.
The farm provides food to the campus and local community. The majority of the harvest is sold to the campus Dining Hall, with a significant portion earmarked for the farm’s Campus Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program, a May-November produce subscription that feeds more than 155 members and their families.
The farm also sells produce through a bountiful stand at Carlisle’s thriving weekly farmers’ market and donates thousands of pounds of fresh produce to a local food bank, Project S.H.A.R.E.
Through youth programs such as Farm, Cook, Eat, Sustainable Earth Education (SEED) and the hosting of popular annual events such as the Local Food Dinner, Dickinson College Farm serves as a venue for the Dickinson community and its neighbors to experience a holistic approach to land stewardship rooted in management practices that work to sustain the natural environment.