- A Summer Full of Gas
- A Summer Full of GasPosted 1 week ago
Rising seniors Emily Whitaker and Sean Jones joined the farm team this summer to continue working on a research project from the spring semester. When asked to talk about it,…
- GATHER Saturday 9/10/16 SOLD OUT
- GATHER Saturday, 09/10/16 SOLD OUTPosted 3 weeks ago
Come and enjoy the College Farm through a unique fine dining culinary experience that reflects the flavors of the season! GATHER, the farm’s monthly pop-up restaurant will be held on Saturday,…
- Alumni Spotlight: Sam Bogan '16
- Alumni Spotlight: Sam Bogan ’16Posted 4 weeks ago
When asked for an update to what he’s doing after college, recent farm graduate Sam Bogan had some exciting things to share. “Working on the college farm was a big turning…
- Alumni Spotlight: Mackenzie Johnson '16
- Alumni Spotlight: Mackenzie Johnson ’16Posted 2 months ago
As a very busy double major in Spanish and Policy Management, Mackenzie Johnson’s favorite thing about the farm is”having a space away from campus where students, faculty, and community members…
- Alumni Spotlight: Silvana Kreines '16
- Alumni Spotlight: Silvana Kreines ’16Posted 2 months ago
Archaeology major, Silvana Kreines, shares her relationship to the farm and what she has done with her life after Dickinson. “My time as a student farmer on the Dickinson College Farm was…
- Kenze Burkart, second year apprentice, featured on popular instagram, women_who_farm!
- Kenze Burkart, second year apprentice, featur…Posted 2 months ago
Kenze speaks in her post about the work that she does with the livestock on the farm and how it has helped her become a stronger, more independent woman.Click on…
- Alumni Spotlight: Nicole Smith '16
- Alumni Spotlight: Nicole Smith ’16Posted 2 months ago
Nicole Smith is a farm worker with a passion for animals. Above she is pictured at her internship with Utica Zoo from the summer of 2015, where she was responsible…
- Alumni Spotlight: Cindy Baur '16
- Alumni Spotlight: Cindy Baur ’16Posted 2 months ago
Cindy Baur is a recent farm graduate, and she has decided that she wasn’t ready for her time with the farm to be over quite yet and is now one of…
- Grass-Fed Beef and Lamb now available
- Grass-Fed Beef and Lamb AvailablePosted 5 months ago
The College Farm is proud to provide grass-fed, humanely-raised meat for the community. All of our livestock are raised on pasture, eating a diversity of grasses and legumes. Farm Apprentices…
Student employees, graduate apprentices and volunteers are involved in all aspects of food production and research. Students in a wide variety of disciplines learn about renewable energy and sustainable agriculture through workshops and volunteering opportunities. On-site classes and independent research projects give students unique insights into complex mathematics, the role of food in global politics, public art projects, Buddhist philosophies and more.
The farm provides food to the campus and local community. The majority of the harvest is sold to the campus Dining Hall, with a significant portion earmarked for the farm’s Campus Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program, a May-November produce subscription that feeds more than 155 members and their families.
The farm also sells produce through a bountiful stand at Carlisle’s thriving weekly farmers’ market and donates thousands of pounds of fresh produce to a local food bank, Project S.H.A.R.E.
Through youth programs such as Farm, Cook, Eat, Sustainable Earth Education (SEED) and the hosting of popular annual events such as the Local Food Dinner, Dickinson College Farm serves as a venue for the Dickinson community and its neighbors to experience a holistic approach to land stewardship rooted in management practices that work to sustain the natural environment.