- Alumni Spotlight: Scott Hoffman '12
- Alumni Spotlight: Scott Hoffman ’12Posted 3 days ago
Family Cow FarmstandNot all students, in fact very few, come to work at the college farm with prior farming experience. Scott Hoffman, class of 2012, and now owner of Family…
- Alumni Spotlight: Kyle Long '14
- Alumni Spotlight: Kyle Long ’14Posted 3 days ago
After growing up in a farmhouse that dates back to the 1800s, Kyle Long had a connection to farming from childhood. Kyle was a student farmer at the college farm…
- Alumni Spotlight: Steven Finley '15
- Alumni Spotlight: Steven Finley ’15Posted 1 week ago
Originally from Chambersburg, PA, past student farmer and apprentice, Steven Finely, has recently moved on to work at Red Fire Farm in Montague, Massachusetts. In terms of organic farming, RFF…
- Alumni Spotlight: David Golden '14
- Alumni Spotlight: David Golden ’14Posted 1 week ago
David the Durango-tang and Composting in Colorado Originally from Loudon County, Virginia, David Golden grew up with dreams of becoming a professional adventurer, “like the kind that discovers new continents and…
- Bread&Puppet Theater Troupe at the farm!
- Bread&Puppet Theater Troupe at the farm!Posted 2 weeks ago
Mark your Calendars! Thursday, October 20th @6:30PM Bread&Puppet theater troupe is coming to the farm! Tickets are free and available for pick up Monday-Friday in Montgomery house on campus. Montgomery is the white building…
- GATHER Saturday, November 12th 6PM
- GATHER Saturday, November 12th 6PMPosted 3 weeks ago
Join us for a high-class culinary experience that reflects the flavors of the College Farm by making a reservation at GATHER, our monthly pop-up restaurant held in the Stern Center…
- Fall Semester Events with the Farm!
- This semester’s Events with the Farm!Posted 2 months ago
Weed N Feed! Every Friday, 1-5PM September:4th – Activities Fair! 2-4PM on the Academic Quad. Come find us and sign up for ways to get involved at the farm!10th – …
- A Summer Full of Gas
- A Summer Full of GasPosted 2 months ago
Rising seniors Emily Whitaker and Sean Jones joined the farm team this summer to continue working on a research project from the spring semester. When asked to talk about it,…
- Alumni Spotlight: Mackenzie Johnson '16
- Alumni Spotlight: Mackenzie Johnson ’16Posted 4 months ago
As a very busy double major in Spanish and Policy Management, Mackenzie Johnson's favorite thing about the farm is"having a space away from campus where students, faculty, and community members…
Student employees, graduate apprentices and volunteers are involved in all aspects of food production and research. Students in a wide variety of disciplines learn about renewable energy and sustainable agriculture through workshops and volunteering opportunities. On-site classes and independent research projects give students unique insights into complex mathematics, the role of food in global politics, public art projects, Buddhist philosophies and more.
The farm provides food to the campus and local community. The majority of the harvest is sold to the campus Dining Hall, with a significant portion earmarked for the farm’s Campus Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program, a May-November produce subscription that feeds more than 155 members and their families.
The farm also sells produce through a bountiful stand at Carlisle’s thriving weekly farmers’ market and donates thousands of pounds of fresh produce to a local food bank, Project S.H.A.R.E.
Through youth programs such as Farm, Cook, Eat, Sustainable Earth Education (SEED) and the hosting of popular annual events such as the Local Food Dinner, Dickinson College Farm serves as a venue for the Dickinson community and its neighbors to experience a holistic approach to land stewardship rooted in management practices that work to sustain the natural environment.